LEARN (POTASSIUM POWDER)
CAN YOU GUESS WHAT MINERAL IS CONSIDERED A NUTRIENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERN?
- If you said Potassium... congratulations! You have become one of the few people to realize that the 2015-2020 Dietary Guidelines for Americans has identified Potassium as a nutrient of public health concern. (1.)
- Why? Because it has consistently been shown that people do NOT consume enough of this critical nutrient in their diet. More than 99% of the population does not get the recommended amount of potassium! (2.)
- And this rising trend of low blood potassium levels among Americans has been occurring since 1999. There has been lower potassium intakes and higher potassium deficiencies. (3.)
- Why is this a big deal? Why is Potassium so important?
WHY CHOOSE POWDER OVER PILLS?
- If you have potassium pills at home, or have ever looked at them before, you'll notice that they always contain 99 mg or less of actual potassium.
- Meaning, you would have to take 5 pills to get the same amount of potassium that is in just 1 tiny scoop of our powder.
- And the powder can be added to anything! You can sprinkle it in any kind of food, any drink, a pre-workout mix, a protein shake, truly anything.
WHY POTASSIUM CITRATE?
- Because Citrate, or Citric Acid, has its own set of benefits. It helps cleanse the body and with kidney stones. It not only decreases the severity of kidney stones, but it also decreases the likelihood of getting them in the first place! (6.)
- This means you get benefits from both the potassium and the citrate, instead of the citrate just being a filler.
- Plus, Potassium Citrate has even been clinically shown to be more effective at decreasing blood pressure than the other popular form, Potassium Chloride. (7.)
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU TAKE?