CALCIUM (500 MG): RDA FOR MEN AGES 19-70 IS 1,000 MG
- Why did we include only half of the RDA for calcium? Several reasons:
1. People can only absorb around 500 mg at once effectively. Meaning, consuming more than that would be a waste.
2. The minerals calcium, magnesium, and zinc all compete against each other for absorption. So, a higher dosage would decrease the absorption of those other minerals.
3. The Upper Limit (UL) for Calcium is very close to the RDA. For men ages 19-50 the UL is 2,500 mg, and for men ages 50+ the UL is only 2,000 mg. Which means if someone is already getting plenty of calcium in their diet, then it would be really easy for them to go over the UL if we put the RDA of 1,000 mg in our product.
- However, we will be including calcium in other products we launch in the future to accommodate the people that may be looking for extra calcium!
- Why do we need Calcium? It serves a lot of different purposes in the body. 99% of it is used to support the structure and function of your bones and teeth.
- The other 1% is just as important though. It allows your body to send nervous and cellular signals, have muscular contractions, and secrete hormones.
MAGNESIUM (210 MG): RDA FOR MEN AGES 19-30 IS 400 MG AND 31+ IS 420 MG
- Why did we include only half of the RDA for magnesium? A few reasons:
1. There is an Upper Limit for Magnesium in Dietary Supplements that is set at 350 mg for everyone ages 9+. Therefore, including the RDA of 400-420 mg in our product could potentially be unsafe!
2. The minerals magnesium, calcium, and zinc all compete against each other for absorption. So, a higher dosage would decrease the absorption of those other minerals.
- However, we will be including magnesium in other products in the future to accommodate the people that may be looking for extra magnesium! The total amount of magnesium from all the products would not be more than 350 mg because of the UL.
- Why do we need Magnesium? It is a cofactor in over 300 different enzyme systems. It is needed to regulate blood pressure, blood glucose, protein synthesis, and DNA synthesis.
- It also allows your body to send nerve impulses, form new bone, have functioning muscles, and have a normal heart rhythm.
POTASSIUM (99 MG): AI FOR MEN AGES 19+ IS 3,400 MG
- Why did we include only 99 mg when the AI for potassium is so much higher?
1. The FDA frowns upon dietary supplement pills including more than 99 mg in a product. This is because some potassium drugs are limited to 99 mg.
2. We instead offer you Potassium Powder! Since you need a large amount of potassium daily, it makes more sense to offer it in powder form rather than in pills.
- Why do we need Potassium? Your body needs it for just about everything that it does, and it is found in all your body's tissues and cells. It is extremely important!
- It is required for your cells to function normally because it maintains intracellular fluid volume and serves as an electrochemical gradient.
- Your heart, kidneys, muscles, and nervous system all particularly require potassium for them to function properly.