THE NUTRIENT OF PUBLIC HEALTH CONCERN
* Because studies have consistently shown that people do NOT consume enough of this critical nutrient in their diet. It's been reported that more than 99% of the population does not get the recommended amount of Potassium! (2)
* And this rising trend of low Potassium levels among Americans has been occurring since 1999. Since then, Potassium intakes have been lower, and Potassium deficiencies have been more common. (3)
Why is this a big deal? Why is Potassium so important?
THE ENDLESS BENEFITS OF POTASSIUM
* The average athlete will lose 320-780 mg of Potassium in their sweat during an hour long workout, so it needs to be replenished. (4)
* Potassium is a key electrolyte. It maintains fluid balance alongside sodium to keep you hydrated.
Supports the Nervous System
* Being an electrolyte simply means it carries an electrical charge. Your nervous system is actually an electrical system, and it's only able to send signals because of the electrical charges that Potassium and sodium have.
* The sodium-potassium pumps found on all your cells is what allows your nervous system to work. Which means, no Potassium, no nervous system.
Helps Keep Your Blood Pressure Under Control
* Everyone with high blood pressure hears how they should watch their salt intake. What much fewer people hear and understand is that they should also be prioritizing and increasing their Potassium intake.
* Countless human clinical trials have demonstrated its positive effects on blood pressure. (5)
Supports Your Hard Earned Muscles
* Potassium allows your muscles to contract. Without it, your muscles can begin to weaken and have cramps.
Supports Your Heart
* Potassium is involved in triggering your heart to beat. It makes sure that your heart beats properly and healthily.
And So Much More!
* Potassium is found in all of your body's tissues, so your body needs it for just about everything that it does!
WHY CHOOSE POWDER OVER PILLS?
* If you have Potassium pills at home, or have ever seen them before, you'll notice that they always contain 99 mg or less of actual Potassium.
* Meaning, you would have to take 5 pills to get the same amount of Potassium that is in just 1 tiny scoop of our powder.
WHY POTASSIUM CITRATE?
* Because Citrate, or Citric Acid, has its own set of benefits. It helps cleanse the body and helps with kidney stones. It not only decreases the severity of kidney stones, but it also decreases the likelihood of getting them in the first place! (6)
* Plus, Potassium Citrate has even been clinically shown to be more effective at decreasing blood pressure than the other popular form, Potassium Chloride. (7)
HOW MUCH SHOULD YOU TAKE?
* As always, our first recommendation is whatever your doctor tells you.
* We recommend up to 4 scoops a day because a research meta-analysis concluded that adding an additional 1,640 mg of Potassium to ones diet is associated with a lower risk of stroke, and possibly cardiovascular disease in general. (8)
* 4 scoops provides 1,960 mg of Potassium. Athletes who are heavy sweaters and workout for long periods of time can also easily lose that amount of Potassium in their sweat.
* No matter how many scoops you take daily, only take 1 scoop at a time.
SAFE FOR EVERYONE?
* Although this product is perfectly safe for most people, we want to be clear that we recommend some particular people should talk to their doctor before taking this product.
* Those people would be ones with any kidney disease, type 1 diabetes, congestive heart failure, adrenal insufficiency, or liver disease. Also, any person taking ACE inhibitors, angiotensin receptor blockers (ARBs), or any kind of prescribed diuretics. (9)